Monday 30 May 2011

Geckos

I have always admired Jane's gecko pattern (Pam's gecko) but it was only recently, with the arrival of some wonderful threads from Sue-Anna that I manged to tat it.



The gecko is now framed ready to go into an art exhibition, the person organising the exhibition said any medium would do, so together with two other tatted pictures it will be on show in July, beside some very grand paintings.


This little one is from Marth Ess's book 'More Critters on the Block' and I made it when I first received the book in a hurry, so not very pleased with the result, could do better!



I had to photograph this metal gecko seen fixed to the wall of an alleyway in the High Street of a town, minus it would seem its left foot! Well when I say a town it only has one street in it a quarter of a mile long. The town is famous or infamous because Edward VII used to stay there in the 1890s bringing his mistress Lillie Langtry with him, although they discreetly stayed at different houses on either side of the river, but with a connecting footbridge.

Finally yes I have visited Tatskool home and seen the geckos which reside there, very impressive, never looked on so many at one time.

10 comments:

  1. Love that thread. Is it Rainbow Taffy? Raining here so any gecko would get wet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Gecko Sally and he looks great in that color thread!! I didn't know Martha had a Gecko pattern too. Her block patterns are all so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are so nice! The thread is really cheery and nice and combined, your gecko is pretty darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on being able to visit with Tatskool, is that her thread at the top? very nice geckos, even the one with a foot missing. i know they can re-grow a broken tail, wonder if they can re-grow a missing foot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gecko that I wouldn't mind being around-it's actually cute!!! :) Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely geckos, they remind me of the ones we saw in Crete on our honeymoon, we had one living in the bathroom. I love the colours of the top one.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your geckos. I've done very little block tatting, but it's on my list of techniques to master.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Jane it is Rainbow Taffy so Ladytats it is not Tatskool thread although I have seen how she dyes it and very impressed.
    Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely job on the geckos and thanks for the recommendation. Missed seeing you this year.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment