Monday 17 February 2014

Plain or Fancy?

My fascination for this pattern by Renulek has not faded and so instead of making individual ones I decided to join them together, but alas the plan did not work.  Well it might with a lot of filling in, something I just can't get my head around! The grey mat was going to be in the centre and then lots of pastel shades around the outside.   What would really be good though is another round just to make it slightly bigger.



I love the elegance when it is tatted in one colour but also like the prettiness of using variegated thread.


Plain or Fancy?

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you enjoy this pattern, they look great and you did them so fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Sally, you are FAST! I like both very much. Such
    a great pattern.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of had some late nights tatting away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make one of each! - but my favourite is the grey one. I suspect that Renulek will keep adding to this one, her Honey Napkin was about 18 rounds - you'll end up with a masterpiece. Better order more thread......

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mats are gorgeous! I like plain, but the pattern looks good on variegated too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both beautifully tatted! I also agree you tatted them very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Based on precedent, Renulek may well have some more rounds for you to do! Both versions are lovely. Perhaps the plain one does emphasise the pattern a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I do hope that Renulek has another round, or may be two! Shuttle and threads at the ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fancy is so pretty in PERSON!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment